Friday, October 8, 2010

Books That Make You Cry at Girls Talk

Photobucket


I just can't get rid of GT especially this week's theme is all about sharing books that made everyone cry. After some time of dilly dally job hunting and finally happy to get one, I now have more time to try my hand at writing and sharing my thoughts here online. Apparently, being able not read a page a day is a big "no no" for me and I know everyone just really loves to read about anything may it be a quote, a poem, etc. We simply can't missed a day without reading. There's no reason not to be happy on Girls Talk sharing completely any book that brought tears to our eyes.

The book " The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein is a very famous children's tale which I kept reading again and again when I was young and read on to my kids during bed time. Generally, this book gives a total inspiration of selflessness and enthuses a positive trait on giving. Although there are some overbearing comments from different readers being it too sappy or upsetting.

The Giving Tree for me has lots of lesson to learn, capturing my heart as a child; even youngsters can learn from the moral lessons it impart. But the devastation on environment like cutting down of trees, can bring such great impact on human lives. But at the end of the day, one can get to think Am I generous? Am I giving?....such a great story of friendship and acceptance that truly made me cry..


5 comments:

  1. I am actually looking now a book for my eldest daughter to read. Thanks for recommending this, I would look for it tomorrow thanks a bunch by the way mine is at http://www.mjoannafaith.com/2010/10/girls-talk-malice.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seemed like a very sweet book to read for kids. I would love to get a copy for my son...

    thanks for sharing!

    Anyway, here's mine

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great moral, but really sad. I suppose to better make its impact on young readers. A children's book that has me sobbing every time is "I Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch. I can't read it to my daughter without blubbering.

    Spinning Lovely Days

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i found a new book as a christmas gift for my daughter, thanks to you. it's always good to teach kids lessons through reading.

    from my blog:
    A Perfect Gift Idea: Wireless Reading Device

    ReplyDelete
  5. great reading material for svet is always a welcome addition to my list! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friends Connect

free counters

e referrer